What you’ll hear in this episode:
• The benefits of practicing gratitude (to our emotional, psychological, and physical health!).
• What it even means to “practice” gratitude. (And how doing so can help you experience more spontaneous gratitude as well!)
• A short gratitude practice that you can incorporate into your daily routine that is supported by a bunch of research.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
• I mentioned Robert Emmons (from the University of California, Davis) and his research on gratitude. To learn more about this fascinating research, check out this article from Greater Good magazine.
• To check out Robert Emmons’ book on this topic, go here.
• I also referred back to a previous episode of this podcast, where we talked about some related topics: www.mindfulexpat.com/episode24.
Stay in Touch!
To make sure you don’t miss future episodes of Mindful Expat, you can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes, Stitcher, or your favorite podcasting app.
To receive monthly summaries of podcast episodes and stay up to date on other announcements and resources, sign up for the Mindful Expat Podcast Newsletter! (When you sign up, you’ll also receive a free mp3 guided mindfulness exercise to practice on your own!)
And, finally, if you’d like to get in touch and leave me a voice message with a question or comment that may be played in a future episode, you can do so here!
Why Not Share?
Know someone who could benefit from tuning into this discussion? Why not share this episode (or the whole podcast) with a friend?