What you’ll hear in this episode:
• How self-care is really having empathy for your future self (and what this really means).
• A fun Seinfeld clip to illustrate this concept (in the inverse)
• Some ideas for what this type of self-care might mean for you.
Resources Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
• I mentioned our wonderful New Year’s episode, featuring all of the past year’s Mindful Expat guests, sharing their self-care tips! Be sure to listen in for some great ideas to add to your own self-care repertoire.
• Here are a couple of articles on this same topic that you might enjoy:
– Thought Catalogue article: “This Is What ‘Self-Care’ REALLY Means, Because It’s Not All Salt Baths And Chocolate Cake,” by Brianna Wiest (mentioned back in episode 37).
– Atlantic article: “Self-Control Is Just Empathy With Your Future Self,” by Ed Yong (obviously very relevant!)
Stay in Touch!
To make sure you don’t miss future episodes of Mindful Expat, you can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes, Stitcher, or your favorite podcasting app.
To receive monthly summaries of podcast episodes and stay up to date on other announcements and resources, sign up for the Mindful Expat Podcast Newsletter! (When you sign up, you’ll also receive a free mp3 guided mindfulness exercise to practice on your own!)
And, finally, if you’d like to get in touch and leave me a voice message with a question or comment that may be played in a future episode, you can do so here!