What you’ll hear in this episode:
• I’ll share with you some updates about the podcast.
• We’ll discuss some common myths and misconceptions about counseling/psychotherapy that sometimes serve as barriers to seeking help. We’ll debunk these myths and discuss what counseling/psychotherapy is really like.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
• If you missed last week’s episode about expat depression (which included some links to helpful resources for finding a therapist abroad), click here to check it out.
• The International Therapist Directory (first mentioned back in Episode 8, when I interviewed the site’s creator, Josh Sandoz) is a wonderful resource for finding English-speaking therapists around the world who specialize in working with expats and third culture kids — this website has different sections for each country as well as a worldwide section, where you can find therapists who work with people remotely.
• I also referred back to Episode 7, where we talked about how to balance acceptance with change.
Stay in Touch!
To receive monthly summaries of podcast episodes and stay up to date on other announcements and resources, sign up for the Mindful Expat Podcast Newsletter! (When you sign up, you’ll also receive a free mp3 guided mindfulness exercise to practice on your own!)
And, finally, if you’d like to get in touch and leave me a voice message with a question or comment that may be played in a future episode, you can do so here!