What you’ll hear in this episode:
• I’ll introduce you to the concept of the “rentrée” in France (basically back-to-school but for adults and kids alike!).
• We’ll discuss how this time of year can be an opportunity to take stock of what we have accomplished and learned in the past year and set our intentions for the year to come.
• I will provide you with some tips for how to begin to build habits in the service of your goals so that you can continue to make progress throughout the year on the things that are most important to you.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
• For those of you currently focused on helping kids make a transition to a new school (possibly in a new country), be sure to go back and listen to my conversation with Kate Berger from the Expat Kids Club in episode 22, where we talk about how parents can support their kids through relocation.
• In talking about how we can take care of our future selves, I mentioned a funny episode of the show Seinfeld with “Night Guy” and “Morning Guy.” While the entire episode does not seem to be available online, here is a short Seinfeld sketch on this topic.
• And here is a great article from the Atlantic on the same subject, entitled, “Self-Control Is Just Empathy With Your Future Self.”
Stay in Touch!
To receive monthly summaries of podcast episodes and stay up to date on other announcements and resources, sign up for the Mindful Expat Podcast Newsletter! (When you sign up, you’ll also receive a free mp3 guided mindfulness exercise to practice on your own!)
And, finally, if you’d like to get in touch and leave me a voice message with a question or comment that may be played in a future episode, you can do so here!