In this episode, we discuss what mindfulness is and why I believe it can be especially helpful for expats and others living abroad. I’ll also give you some practical suggestions to get you started with practicing mindfulness in your daily life.
What you’ll hear in today’s episode:
• What is mindfulness? (We’ll discuss the different components of the definition and what each of these components really means.)
• Some reasons why mindfulness may be especially helpful for expats and others living abroad.
• Some basic tips for beginning to practice mindfulness and a suggestion for a mindfulness exercise for you to practice in your daily life.
Resources mentioned in today’s episode:
• General information about Jon Kabat-Zinn, founder of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center.
• Some more information about how do define mindfulness, provided by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
• More information about how mindfulness can be helpful, including links to relevant research.
Stay in Touch!
To receive monthly summaries of podcast episodes and stay up to date on other announcements and resources, sign up for the Mindful Expat Podcast Newsletter!