What you’ll hear in this episode:
• A discussion of the different attitudes of mindfulness — beginner’s mind, non-judgment, acknowledgment, non-striving, letting be, self-reliance, and self-compassion.
• That acceptance and commitment to change and growth are not in opposition to one another and can, in fact, coexist.
• About my plans to attend the FIGT conference next week!
• A sneak peek at what’s coming up in next week’s episode.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
• I mentioned the book, A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook, by Bob Stahl & Elisha Goldstein, which is a great resource for more information about these attitudes of mindfulness.
• I also mentioned some website that have free audio-guided exercises for practicing mindfulness. There are a lot of such websites out there, but I’ve compiled a list of some of the ones that I like on this page of my website.
• I also mentioned the organization Families in Global Transitions (FIGT), whose conference I will be attending next week. FIGT is a great organization to check out and consider joining if you are living abroad or if you work with people who live abroad.
Stay in Touch!
To receive monthly summaries of podcast episodes and stay up to date on other announcements and resources, sign up for the Mindful Expat Podcast Newsletter!