Today’s Mindful Expat Guest is Carolyn Parse Rizzo!
Carolyn is a certified Child Life Specialist and Life Transition Coach focusing on healthcare and vitality abroad. From her home in Italy, she works as a health coach and consultant, supporting people who are dealing with various types of health conditions while living abroad. Through her company, Interval Coaching, she helps her clients navigate some of the challenges of managing health conditions in a foreign medical system, while also assisting them in shifting their perspectives toward their health, developing positive coping strategies, increasing their resiliency, and nurturing creativity and connectedness in their lives.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
• Some of the common challenges that expats and other internationals face when managing a health condition in a foreign medical system.
• How our mindset can impact our experience of health issues and our experiences navigating a foreign medical system — and how we can shift our interpretations in a way that can ultimately feel more empowering.
• Some concrete, practical tips for expats and others navigating health challenges in a foreign medical system
Resources mentioned in today’s episode:
• Carolyn recommends William Bridges’ book, Transitions, as her helpful resource.
• Carolyn also recommends, Travwell, an app designed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that helps you plan safe, healthy travel.
• Carolyn mentioned a wonderful resource to improve our cultural awareness, Cultural Detective (a free online webinar).
• Carolyn mentioned her mindful morning walks as a central part of her self-care routine. To learn more, you can read this article that she wrote for the I Am a Triangle blog.
More about Carolyn and how to follow up with her:
To learn more about Carolyn’s coaching and consulting services, you can visit her website, www.intervallifecoach.com.
Carolyn mentioned that she hosts quarterly Vibrant Women’s Circles. To be notified about these and other related resources and events, you can sign up to receive her newsletter.
You can also find Carolyn on Facebook and Twitter, and you can connect with her through this page of her website (here you can also listen to a free sample guided relaxation that she shares there).
Stay in Touch!
To make sure you don’t miss future episodes of Mindful Expat, you can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes, Stitcher, or your favorite podcasting app.
To receive monthly summaries of podcast episodes and stay up to date on other announcements and resources, sign up for the Mindful Expat Podcast Newsletter! (When you sign up, you’ll also receive a free mp3 guided mindfulness exercise to practice on your own!)
And, finally, if you’d like to get in touch and leave me a voice message with a question or comment that may be played in a future episode, you can do so here!