What you’ll hear in this episode:
• I’ll share with you some updates about the podcast and invite you to take a short survey I’ve designed to help me know what you’d like to hear more about in Season 2 of the podcast.
• We’ll discuss a quote from Thich Nhat Hahn that says, “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
• I’ll share with you some fascinating research that shows that this quote is literally true, and we’ll also discuss some ways you can work to subtly shift your perspective to feel more joy in your life.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
• Buddha Doodles is an adorable comic illustration series by illustrator Molly Hahn. It makes me smile, so it might make you smile too! The particular illustration that inspired today’s episode (with a quote from Thich Nhat Hahn) can be found here.
• If you’re interested in learning a bit more about some of the research I mentioned in today’s episode, check out this article from Scientific American or this one from the Atlantic.
Mindful Expat Podcast Survey!
As I mentioned in today’s episode, the podcast (and I) will be taking a break for the month of August, but we’ll be back in September with Season 2 of Mindful Expat! In preparation for Season 2, I’d like to get some feedback from you, my listeners, to help me know what you’d like to hear more about in upcoming episodes. I would really appreciate it if you’d take a few minutes to complete this brief survey that I’ve designed to learn more about you and your needs and interests. Thanks in advance!
Stay in Touch!
To make sure you don’t miss future episodes of Mindful Expat, you can subscribe to the podcast through iTunes, Stitcher, or your favorite podcasting app.
To receive monthly summaries of podcast episodes and stay up to date on other announcements and resources, sign up for the Mindful Expat Podcast Newsletter! (When you sign up, you’ll also receive a free mp3 guided mindfulness exercise to practice on your own!)
And, finally, if you’d like to get in touch and leave me a voice message with a question or comment that may be played in a future episode, you can do so here!
2 thoughts on “Mindful Expat Episode 24: The Source of Your Joy”